Illuminating Young Minds.
The Get Smart Curriculum Difference:
Learning through play is one of the most powerful, effective methods for teaching young children. Our curriculum offers a wide range of content and activities to engage young minds and delight their imaginations.
Get Smart Kids Academy also encourages family involvement through family newsletters that provide easy-to-do learning experiences that families can complete to reinforce the learning that is taking place at our school. Get Smart Kids Academy believes that working together with our families, we can provide a solid foundation for each child’s educational future.
A Unique Approach for Unique Children.
The curriculum at Get Smart Kids Academy has been developed through the 35+ years experience our administrators and staff have in early learning education. It is comprised of several components including:
- The Power of learning through play - Play leads to curiosity and discovery, which stimulates a child’s interest in learning. At GSKA we create playful learning opportunities that make learning fun and memorable. When you ask a student at GSKA “What did you do today at school?” they usually respond “I played” – when in reality, they were learning through play.
- Course curriculum - A teacher’s manual of learning objectives within a given theme, serving to guide instruction. Math, Sciences, physical development and more are included. (See diagram below for more details.)
- Emergent literacy - Exposing students to words, language and books, with the objective of sparking interest in reading and writing.
- Gross motor development - Lessons that include play to develop balance, coordination and flexibility, through indoor and outdoor play.
- Character development - Character traits of honesty, being a friend, helping others, and other social skills.
- Creativity - Art, Music and movement classes
- Bilingual instruction
- Cultural diversity